We specialize in heavy site and roadway construction for municipal, commercial and residential development projects in Southern California. Our focus on quality, service and integrity starts with our seasoned staff and resonates through all aspects of our business including customers, suppliers and sub-contractors.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates with paving and asphalt experience for the positions of equipment operators and laborers.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Payroll Administrator will be responsible for administering and processing the weekly payroll cycle for Hardy & Harper, an asphalt and paving subcontractor, and its two subsidiary companies as required by the accounting department. This position requires an individual with a work history which exhibits promptness, accuracy and attention to detail in a fast paced corporate environment.
· Process weekly payroll for all Hardy & Harper union field staff and its two subsidiary companies
· Process weekly payroll for 150+ employees in a timely and accurate manner
· Submit and process weekly direct deposit payments to bank
· Print and mail live payroll checks on a weekly basis
· Upload daily field reports from internal website for payroll processing and distribution to project managers
· Correct and distribute daily field reports, field measurements sheets, backup and timesheets to project managers for approval.
· Submit, enter and verify employee work hours on an hourly basis and process employee entry into Excel and Sage100
· Research and resolve any hourly discrepancies with project foremen, superintendents and project managers
· Match timecards with daily field reports
· Process employee W-4 withholdings, garnishments, child support
· Process Federal (EFTPS) and State (EDD) Tax deposits
· Prepare and balance all payroll deposit reports and send backup to the Chief Financial Officer and Director of Accounting.
· Provide professional and courteous customer service to all employees (ie. calling in for missing hours, and / or questions regarding their paychecks)
· Maintain confidentiality with all payroll information
· Process termination payroll checks a required
· Performs all other duties as assigned and/or requested
· Spanish Fluent
· One to two years’ experience in a payroll role with a construction company subject to collective bargaining agreements
· 10 key by touch and data entry experience
· Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
· Able to lift , stand and carry 15-20 pound boxes up and down stairs
· Able to work independently using good judgement
· High degree of initiative, personal responsibility and extremely detail oriented
· Organized self-starter with excellent time management skills. Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-pace environment and meet multiple deadlines in a timely manner. Successfully manages multiple and competing tasks
· High school diploma
· Sage 100 experience or equivalent accounting program
· Familiarity with Davis Beacon and prevailing wage labor standards and provisions.
Candidates must pass a pre-employment and random drug testing.
Hardy & Harper is an equal opportunity employer.
Our company is seeking an experienced Class A driver with a minimum of 3-Years Driving. Must have a Clean Driving Record. We service the entire Southern California Area. Responsibilities for this position include hauling, picking up asphalt from plants, driving, loading, unloading, and moving equipment and trailers. In addition, you will assist the team on the ground performing asphalt paving laborer, operator or cement mason duties as well. Applying for this position means that you will be working in a physical labor and a manner that is consistent with the paving industry.
Class A Driver Position Requirements:
Must be able to pass a drug screen
Must be able to meet all safety requirements
Must be able to work overtime / weekends as required
Must have at least three years of experience
Copyright © 2018 Hardy & Harper Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
CALIFORNIA STATE LICENSE 215952