We specialize in heavy site and roadway construction for municipal, commercial and residential development projects in Southern California. Our focus on quality, service and integrity starts with our seasoned staff and resonates through all aspects of our business including customers, suppliers and sub-contractors.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates with paving and asphalt experience for the positions of equipment operators and laborers.
Full time heavy equipment mechanic to perform skilled tasks in the mechanical repair and maintenance of heavy trucks, paving machines, rollers, loaders, skid steers, gasoline and diesel powered utility trucks, dump trucks. Must have a good understanding of how diesel engines work and capable of keeping engines in top repair. A construction equipment mechanic not only works on the engines, but on the working parts of the equipment as well. This may involve welding activities. In addition to repair work, routine maintenance is part of the job. Class A California Driver’s License preferred
Salary: $25-$28 hour
Diesel mechanic: 3 years (Preferred)
CDL Class A (Preferred)
Involves the repair of heavy equipment, including:
The primary function of this position is to provide estimating and project bid management of commercial and public paving projects located throughout Southern California. The purpose of this position is to ensure that all resources of the company are managed and coordinated in an efficient and professional manner on all assigned projects, with a mission of performing work within the budget and ahead of schedule. Tasks will include: developing detailed means and methods estimates; outsourcing, analyzing, and competitively purchasing subcontractor services and material purchases; collaborating with project managers to set initial project schedules within bid proposal, bid budget and project standards.
WAGES AND BENEFITS
We provide competitive compensation and employee benefits. The benefits package includes: medical, dental, and vision Insurance; paid vacation, sick time and holidays; 401K Plan.
The estimator reports directly to the Director of Operations and assists with specific projects as assigned.
SCOPE OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The principal duty of the estimator is the overall coordination of the proposal/bid process to prepare and submit timely competitive bids that ultimately end with awarded projects for the company. This will require the complete review of contract documents, plans, and specifications to develop and execute a competitive bid strategy. This position will maintain vendor relationships for purchasing or renting equipment and purchasing material, supplies, and services.
1. Perform a complete review of contract documents for designated project estimates.
2. Develop and or assist in preconstruction budgeting.
3. Initialize estimates with estimating software Bid to Win and Excel.
4. Develop and execute project specific bid strategy.
5. Develop and maintain trade lists and subcontractor solicitation list.
6. Clarify plans and specifications for assigned projects.
7. Perform quantity take-offs on assigned projects.
8. Solicit material and subcontractor pricing.
9. Develop relationships with equipment rental and material vendors for discounts.
10. Negotiate with vendors for the purchasing of equipment, material, supplies, and services.
11. Calculate labor estimates for company required project labor.
12. Analyze material, equipment, and subcontractor quotes and consistently deliver accurate and timely estimates.
13. Follow up with material and equipment suppliers as well as subcontractors post bid as necessary.
14. Attend project meetings as required by stakeholders or superintendents.
15. Embrace and complete special projects or initiatives of the Director of Operations with regard to the growth, development and improvement of operations.
The above duties are meant to define the minimum activities of the position and are not meant to restrict initiative, imagination, or resourcefulness in pursuing the mission of the estimator. These duties may be altered to suit the needs of the Director of Operations and the company.
1. Bachelor’s degree in construction, engineering or technical discipline preferred.
2. Minimum of 5 years of experience as a project manager with an asphalt paving contractor preferred.
3. Must be able to read and interpret construction plans and specifications.
4. Must have thorough knowledge of construction procedures, estimating techniques, and field project management.
5. Versed in all aspects of the construction management process including preconstruction, construction and project closeout.
6. Proficient with Microsoft Office.
7. High energy, enthusiastic personality.
8. Outstanding people skills.
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
10. Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
11. Stable job history.
12. Must have a California Driver’s license and insurance to drive your own vehicle on company business. Reimbursement will be given on miles driven on company business.
12. Demonstrate a tenacity and sense of urgency to ensure realistic and consistent outcomes and delivery of results.
13. Must be able to manage and supervise multiple trades.
14. Demonstrate the ability to multitask and prioritize between competing issues, project needs, business needs, organizational issues, client relations and to make judgments at a level consistent with a member of management.
We are seeking a full time accounts payable specialist. Reporting to the Director of Accounting and Chief Financial Officer, the Accounts Payable Specialist is a hands-on position responsible for managing and implementing the day to day accounts payable processes and functions in a professional and knowledgeable manner. This position processes the payment of project related invoices, ensuring accuracy as it relates to vendor payment, matching backup tickets, coding invoices to the proper general ledger account, job costing and handling communication with management, staff, subcontractors and vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
Hourly Range: $17.00- $21.63
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, vacation and paid holidays.
Our team is growing and we are in search of an experienced asphalt paving foreman in the Southern California area. This is a Union position with benefits, paid hourly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The Paving Foreman oversees the paving crew and asphalt paving operations on both public and private work. Responsibilities include managing and overseeing crews. Communicates mix orders and cut offs with the plant. Completes paperwork including daily crew time sheets, daily site evaluation sheets, weekly toolbox safety meeting sheets and other required paperwork. Communicates and works effectively with state and local agencies; inspectors; contractors; subcontractors, Company management and employees. Participates and promotes the corporate safety program. Includes daytime and occasional night work. This position will primarily be based out of the Southern California area. We prefer 10 or more years of experience in asphalt paving. Must pass pre-employment drug screen and driving record review.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
Able to detect and solve problems
Have thorough knowledge of asphalt and concrete paving operations
Understand how to achieve compaction in varying conditions
Are a team leader with strong leadership skills
Can communicate effectively, both written and verbally
Can document accurately and utilize web based applications
Complete projects in a timely and accurate manner
Are able to communicate with co-workers and the public in a pleasant manner
Can work well under pressure
Are a productive team player and self-starter
Are willing and able to work varying and extended hours
Are a member of the Operating Engineers Local 12 or the Construction Laborers Trust Fund or must be willing to join
Our company is seeking an experienced Class A driver with a minimum of 3-Years Driving. Must have a Clean Driving Record. We service the entire Southern California Area. Responsibilities for this position include hauling, picking up asphalt from plants, driving, loading, unloading, and moving equipment and trailers. In addition, you will assist the team on the ground performing asphalt paving laborer, operator or cement mason duties as well. Applying for this position means that you will be working in a physical labor and a manner that is consistent with the paving industry.
Class A Driver Position Requirements:
Must be able to pass a drug screen
Must be able to meet all safety requirements
Must be able to work overtime / weekends as required
Must have at least three years of experience
Hardy & Harper's affiliate company, ETD Trucking, is seeking a quality low bed truck driver that has the following abilities:
Must be at least 21 years old with a valid CA class A license, have a verifiable work history and references. Have an acceptable motor vehicle record with a current medical examination card. Must be able to pass a physical compliant to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Standards. Must be willing to undergo drug/alcohol pre-screening. Must present one or more of the following: State Certified Copy of Birth Certificate or INS paperwork that shows US Citizenship or that permanent residence has been established and is current.
1. Physically, worker must be able to hear and see well (either naturally or with correction)
2. Speak clearly
3. Stoop, bend, and crouch
4. Use hands, arms, legs fully
5. Lift up to 75 pounds, with frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds
6. Sit for long periods of time
7. Climb on objects and maintain balance.
8. Be able to operate construction equipment to load and unload.
Candidates must pass a pre-employment and random drug testing.
Hardy & Harper is an equal opportunity employer.
Copyright © 2018 Hardy & Harper Inc. - All Rights Reserved.