We specialize in heavy site and roadway construction for municipal, commercial and residential development projects in Southern California. Our focus on quality, service and integrity starts with our seasoned staff and resonates through all aspects of our business including customers, suppliers and sub-contractors.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates with paving and asphalt experience for the positions of equipment operators and laborers.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist position will work as part of the accounting department and is responsible for the overseeing all aspects of collection, billing and adhering to the contract requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Prepare and submit approved monthly pay applications to customers
· Collect payments and minimize customer debt (aged/current) - maintain high customer satisfaction and loyalty
· Communicate efficiently with customers, vendors, project managers, project superintendents and company executives
· Follow up on, collect and post timely and accurate cash application
· Perform collection and reporting activities according to California Prompt Payment Statutes for public and private construction projects.
· Work closely with other relevant departments and maintain strong internal relationships
· Maintain and update both paper and electronic documentation for all project files
· Make daily collection calls and emails
· Conduct research and analysis to resolve outstanding billing issues
· Provide updates and analysis to managers
· Process customer credits and post A/R related adjustments
· Research and resolve short payments and debits taken by customers
· Utilize cloud-based platform to issue preliminary notices on all projects and monitor deadlines for lien rights. Issue mechanics liens, stop notices, lien releases, waivers, stop notices and stop notice release documentation
· Set up and host collection meetings with customers & contract administrators as required
· Work closely with company attorney to resolve claims and assist in litigation documentation.
· Maintain accurate collection notes and aging
· Provide preliminary information to subcontractors and vendors
· Work with project managers to go over active projects for billings
· Follow up and track outstanding change orders with project managers and clients to ensure they are completed and billed in a timely manner
· Provide accurate and detailed data entry
· Conduct month-end A/R close activities
· Compile and maintain spreadsheets and data analysis
· Provide support for other areas of accounting when needed
Required Education and Experience
· Minimum 3-5 years accounts receivable experience in the construction industry required. Preference will be given to candidates with AIA billing experience and knowledge of public works construction accounting requirements.
· Experience with and knowledge of California mechanic’s lien law
· 10 key by touch
· Strong analytical ability, yet able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal, presentation and reporting skills
· Strong computer skills particularly in Excel, Office and various accounting and ERP software systems
· Able to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing
· Excellent work ethic and willingness to take ownership of duties
· Listens well to others and clarifies message to ensure understanding. Keeps manager, co-workers and clients informed of need-to-know items; shares complete and accurate information with others.
· Demonstrated negotiation and problem-solving skills
· Organized self-starter with excellent time management skills. Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-pace environment and meet multiple deadlines in a timely manner. Successfully manages multiple and competing tasks
· Has a general understanding and knowledge of construction accounting principles and procedures; including certified payroll, accounts payable; account receivables; collections; office administration and data entry; has an aptitude for numbers.
Hardy & Harper's affiliate company, ETD Trucking, is seeking a quality low bed truck driver that has the following abilities:
Must be at least 21 years old with a valid CA class A license, have a verifiable work history and references. Have an acceptable motor vehicle record with a current medical examination card. Must be able to pass a physical compliant to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Standards. Must be willing to undergo drug/alcohol pre-screening. Must present one or more of the following: State Certified Copy of Birth Certificate or INS paperwork that shows US Citizenship or that permanent residence has been established and is current.
1. Physically, worker must be able to hear and see well (either naturally or with correction)
2. Speak clearly
3. Stoop, bend, and crouch
4. Use hands, arms, legs fully
5. Lift up to 75 pounds, with frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds
6. Sit for long periods of time
7. Climb on objects and maintain balance.
8. Be able to operate construction equipment to load and unload.
Candidates must pass a pre-employment and random drug testing.
Hardy & Harper is an equal opportunity employer.
Our team is growing and we are in search of an experienced asphalt paving foreman in the Southern California area. This is a Union position with benefits, paid hourly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The Paving Foreman oversees the paving crew and asphalt paving operations on both public and private work. Responsibilities include managing and overseeing crews. Communicates mix orders and cut offs with the plant. Completes paperwork including daily crew time sheets, daily site evaluation sheets, weekly toolbox safety meeting sheets and other required paperwork. Communicates and works effectively with state and local agencies; inspectors; contractors; subcontractors, Company management and employees. Participates and promotes the corporate safety program. Includes daytime and occasional night work. This position will primarily be based out of the Southern California area. We prefer 10 or more years of experience in asphalt paving. Must pass pre-employment drug screen and driving record review.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
Able to detect and solve problems
Have thorough knowledge of asphalt and concrete paving operations
Understand how to achieve compaction in varying conditions
Are a team leader with strong leadership skills
Can communicate effectively, both written and verbally
Can document accurately and utilize web based applications
Complete projects in a timely and accurate manner
Are able to communicate with co-workers and the public in a pleasant manner
Can work well under pressure
Are a productive team player and self-starter
Are willing and able to work varying and extended hours
Are a member of the Operating Engineers Local 12 or the Construction Laborers Trust Fund or must be willing to join
Our company is seeking an experienced Class A driver with a minimum of 3-Years Driving. Must have a Clean Driving Record. We service the entire Southern California Area. Responsibilities for this position include hauling, picking up asphalt from plants, driving, loading, unloading, and moving equipment and trailers. In addition, you will assist the team on the ground performing asphalt paving laborer, operator or cement mason duties as well. Applying for this position means that you will be working in a physical labor and a manner that is consistent with the paving industry.
Class A Driver Position Requirements:
Must be able to pass a drug screen
Must be able to meet all safety requirements
Must be able to work overtime / weekends as required
Must have at least three years of experience
Copyright © 2018 Hardy & Harper Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
CALIFORNIA STATE LICENSE 215952